01. Accountability and Openness / Compliance
03. Collection and Retention of Information
- information provided by you during the car loan application process, including your contact information (such as name, age, date of birth, telephone number, mailing address and email address), housing status, employment status, income, type of car you are looking for, payment budget;
- information provided by credit reporting agencies about your credit standing;
- information provided by third parties that we connect you with through the application process, such as motor vehicle dealerships and financing entities, relating to your application and any resulting transactions that you are involved in; and
- information about your internet browsing activities and browser (see: Cookies and Web Beacons).
05. Purpose – Why We Collect, Use and Disclose Information
- to process, track and communicate with you about your loan application;
- to connect you with motor vehicle dealerships or financing entities that may be able to assist you in purchasing a new or used vehicle including our affiliates;
- to establish, maintain and manage business relations with you so that we may provide you with the information, products or services that you request;
- internal business purposes, such as administering or improving our website or services;
- to perform market research and conduct polls and surveys;
- to provide you with information, solicitations and promotional materials regarding 2nd Chance Automotive and our affiliates;
- to sell or otherwise provide your personal information to our affiliates. and our partners. so that subject to your consent they may contact you about products or services directly or indirectly related to the motor vehicle sales industry, including car financing, personal loan financing, and insurance;
- to protect us against error, fraud, theft or damage to our goods, our business or our property;
- to comply with any legal, accounting and regulatory requirements, including reporting requirements, applicable laws, and any search warrants, subpoenas or court orders; and
- any other reasonable purpose for which you provide consent.
06. Disclosure to Third Parties
07. Safeguards – How Information is Protected
08. Accuracy / Access
2nd Chance Automotive has a responsibility to ensure that all personal information contained in our records or which is disclosed to third parties for the purposes described above is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You may make a request in writing for access to your personal information. We will inform you of your personal information held by us, and provide an account of the use that has been made of the information, as well as identify any third parties to whom the information has been disclosed. You may have reasonable access to your personal information, and if you demonstrate the inaccuracy or incompleteness of personal information, the information will be amended as appropriate. You should advise us immediately if you discover inaccuracies in our data, if your personal information changes, or if you wish to have your information removed from our files. All notices and requests should be in writing and sent to the Privacy Officer at the one of the addresses set out above (see: Accountability and Openness / Compliance).
09. International Transfer and Storage of Information
You acknowledge and agree that your personal information may be transmitted, transferred, processed, and/or stored outside of Canada, including in the United States. We will use reasonable means to ensure that your information is protected, but cannot guarantee that the laws of any foreign jurisdiction will accord the same degree of protection as the laws of Canada. By submitting your personal information to us, you consent to the transmission, transfer, processing and/or storage of your personal information outside of Canada.
10. Third Party Content and Links to other Websites
Our website may contain optional links to advertiser and other third party Internet sites and services. You acknowledge that these third parties may collect data from users or their computers. The accessing and use of third party websites is at your own risk, and we cannot assume responsibility for the privacy practices, policies or actions of the third parties who operate those websites. This Policy applies only to the 2nd Chance Automotive website, and we encourage you to review the privacy policies contained on each Internet site that you use.
Minors (persons under the age of 19 in Ontario, although the age of majority may vary in other jurisdictions) are not eligible to use the website or services unsupervised, and we request that minors do not submit any personal information to us. If you are under the age of majority in your jurisdiction, you may only use the website or services in conjunction with and under the supervision of an adult. 2nd Chance Automotive does not knowingly collect personal information from minors.
12. Governing Law
You agree that your access to and use of the 2nd Chance Automotive website, including this Policy, and services is governed exclusively by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein (excluding conflicts or choice of laws principles).
Credit Report Notice